Pacific Mall, the most celebrated shopping destination of Dehradun, has always strived to bring out the best of Dehradun. On 13th October 2018, Pacific Mall celebrated the success of its popular drive- Doon Book Bank. So far, 1,30,000 books were collected through this drive, and were handed over to the children by the Hon’ble guest of honors-
1. Capt. Alok Shekhar Tiwari – Director General, School Education
2. Smt. Nivedita Kukreti Kumar – SSP Dehradun
3. Mukul Kumar Sati – Additional Director, State Project
4. Smt. Hemlata Bhatt – Distt. Education Officer
5. Smt. Shakti Manocha – Director, Youth for Human Rights India
6. Rohan & Neha Raj – Co-Founders, Booknerds
The event took place at 1 p.m. at the Atrium (Ground Floor) of Pacific Mall. The whole event will be organized under the supervision of Mr. Bharat Shishodia, the Director of the mall.
The Doon Book Bank is a book collection drive that began in January this year. It was organized jointly with the Uttarakhand State Education Ministry in accordance with the Sarva Shikhsha Abhiyan act.
The drive aimed at collecting books for children studying in the suburban locations of Uttarakhand, thus making knowledge accessible to all strata of society. The sheer number of books collected through this drive is a testimony to the popularity and efficacy of this initiative by Pacific Mall, Dehradun.
I want to donate more than 100 books of 10th and 12th standard of CBSE pattern and competitive examinations also.pl tell me who can pickup them from my house at Rajender nagar.