B.Arch/B.Planning Colleges in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
What is B.Arch/B.Planning?
The B.Arch stands for Bachelor of Architecture, is an undergraduate degree course to become an Architect. It is a 5 years duration course in India, very much similar to B.Tech (Civil Engineering) but particularly focused on Architecture & Planning. The admission criteria for B.Arch is same as B.Tech via JEE (Joint Entrance Examination), aspirants just need to select an extra option for giving B.Arch Entrance Examination.
What is Examination Pattern of B.Arch/B.Planning?
B.Arch Entrance Exam Question Paper have two parts which contains objective type questions of Mathematics, Aptitude & Drawing (2D & 3D) and its Examination duration is 3 Hours.
Part I (Aptitude Test 50 Questions of 4 Marks each)- Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.) Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build~environment. Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings. Visualizing. different sides of three dimensional objects. Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part II (Mathematics Test 30 Questions of 4 Marks each)- Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, substraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects. Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms. Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban scape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
Part III (Drawing Test 2 Questions of 70 Marks)- 2D & 3D Drawings, Sketching of particular scenario or place.
What is Eligibilty Criteria for B.Arch/B.Planning?
- Candidates must note that candidates must have secured aggregate 50% marks in 10+2.
- They must have studied Mathematics in their 10+2 as a subject.
- They must have NATA Score Card (40% Cutoff).
What is NATA?
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
What is NATA Examination Pattern?
NATA Test having two parts, one is Aptitude+Drawing Test (Offline Test) & second is Aesthetic Sensitivity Test (Online Test) which is a computer based test comprising 40 multiple choice questions with 60-90 seconds time limit each. In Offline test, student have to attempt 3 questions in 2 Hours.
Part I (Aptitude Test):
- Proportionally sketching ability of the candidate in a visually attractive manner.
- Ability to visualize and draw the effects of light on a given object including shadows cast by the object on the surroundings.
- Formation of a building or a structure by combining and composing the given three dimensional elements
- A sense of perspective drawing.
- An understanding of scale and proportions.
- Ability to use colors in given composition to create visual harmony.
- Ability to use given shapes and forms to create interesting two dimensional compositions.
- Ability to Pencil Sketch and draw themes on day to day experiences from memory
Part II (Aesthetic Sensitivity Test):
- A computer based test comprising of 40 multiple choice questions.
- A computer adaptive test, this section is entirely dependent upon the candidate’s performance. Every correct answer leads to a comparatively difficult question and vice versa.
- Scores of the candidates are dependent upon the difficulty levels answered, the variety of questions answered and the appropriate content coverage.
- A candidate can answer a question in 60 to 90 seconds based on the difficulty level of the asked question
- There is no negative marking for this test
- Candidates will be measured on the basis of their imagination, perception and observation along with creativity, communication and architectural awareness.
How to Apply for NATA?
- NATA Registration form can filled and submitted online from this website by payment of NATA fees of ₹ 1000 (+ Processing Charges) using Netbanking / Credit Cards / ICICI Insure Bank Challan.
- Download the Prefilled Registration form and procure the necessary registration documents.
- Select a Test Center (from the website http://www.nata.in) at a location convenient to the candidate. Approach the Test center for Appointment for NATA Exam.
List of Colleges in Dehradun which offers B.Arch/B.Planning
In Dehradun, there are only 3 colleges/Universities which offer B.Arch/Planning-
- Dehradun Institute of Technology University
- Graphic Era Hill University
- Himgiri Zee University
Dehradun Institute of Technology (Deemed University)
Fee Structure- Click Here
Add. : Mussourie-Diversion Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand-248009,India
EmaiI : email@example.com
Phone No. : 0135 – 3006000 / 1/ 3/ 4
Fax No. : 0135 – 3000309
Graphic Era Hill University (Dehradun)
Fee Structure- Click Here
Add. : Society Area, Clement Town, Dehradun-248002, Uttarakhand- India.
EmaiI : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No. : 0135- 2645996
For Admission Related Queries: 0135- 6456859/ 7500013335
Himgiri Zee University
Fee Structure- Click Here
Add. : P.O.- Sherpur, Chakrata Road, Dehradun- 248197 (Uttarakhand)- India.
EmaiI : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No. : 0135-2102676, 2110005
Toll Free:-1800 180 4181
Note: This article has been last updated on 9/July/2014